If your letting agency is VAT registered, and your Origin instance has been configured to reflect this, then you will have the option to generate a VAT invoice. In the property view, the VAT invoice will detail fees, and the associated VAT element, associated with the selected property instance.
First identify the property instance for which the invoice is required:
- From the main menu select Properties > List Properties.
- Identify the required property from list of displayed properties. The filter options may optionally be used.
With the property instance selected a VAT invoice can be selected as follows:
- Ensure that the Summary tab is selected.
- To the right of the address information click on the VAT Invoice link.
- You'll be requested to specify a date range for the report, i.e. over what period you wish to view the management fees that have been applied to the landlord account for this property. Select one of the default values: 'Today', 'This month' or 'Last month', or select your own date range by using the 'Specify date range' option.
- Click on the Generate VAT Invoice button.
- The resulting screen will detail all fees applied over the report period, along with the associated VAT element. To generate the actual VAT Invoice click on the green "Print" button. Alternatively you can click on the green "Email" button to send the invoice directly to the associated landlord instance.
Both the print and email options generate an invoice in PDF format. A unique invoice number will be automatically assigned to the invoice. VAT Invoices can be re-created via the Report -> VAT Invoice.