On occasions you may want to transfer ownership of a property between landlords. The property transfer feature can be used to initiate a transfer which can take one or two forms:
- Transfer History - if this option is selected then the owning landlord record is simply updated, i.e. the new landlord assumes the complete transaction history for the property.
- New Property - this option should be selected if the property has been sold from one landlord to another. In effect a new property record is selected for the gaining landlord. The existing property will still be visible for the losing landlord.
To transfer a property select the relevant property, then click Transfer. Select the landlord that you wish to transfer the property too and then select 'Transfer History' or 'New Property Instance'.
- Existing rent receipts with receipt dates on or after the transfer date will be moved to the new property
- Property notes dated after the transfer date will be moved to the new property
- Any open Trouble Tickets will be moved to the new property
- Any Trouble Tickets with a completion date on or after the transfer date will be moved to the new property
Note that Origin will make no attempt to apportion any rent receipts between the original and new property instances. If a rent receipt is to be partially credited to the original property and partially to the new property then each portion will have to be calculated manually and recorded separately.