User account management is performed via Admin > Control Panel > User Accounts.
Five levels of user accounts exist:
- Agency Manager - these users have access to all features of Origin
- Branch Manager (Origin accounts with more than one branch) - similar capabilities to Agency Manager accounts but access will be restricted to specified branches of the letting agency.
- Staff with finance - these user accounts have limited access to the Control Panel area of Origin, do not possess the ability to create and modify bank details, cannot export information, are unable to delete landlords and properties and cannot generate management and maintenance revenue reports.
- Staff - similar to the 'Staff with finance' access level but these user accounts have no access to the Bank feature, bank reports and cannot add / modify / delete landlord bank account details.
- Landlord - a landlord account must be associated with an existing landlord. Landlord account access is restricted to data relating to that landlord and any associated properties.
You can view all user accounts and edit or delete where applicable.
Add a new user
To create a new user, click on the Add User button, Identify the Access Level from the drop down list, populate the fields as required and click on the Add User button. The new user will receive an automated email from Origin with account details including a username and password. After logging in for the first time the user will be forced to updated their password to something more memorable.
Reset a password
To reset the password for an existing user first edit the relevant user account by clicking on the Origin user's name or the edit (pencil) icon. Enter the new password in both the Password and Verify Password fields and click on the Update User button.
When a mobile number is defined for a staff member they can received text reminders about viewings and tasks that have been added to Origin.
Update a user
To update a new user's details, typically to change their access role, clic the Edit (pencil) icon alongside the relevant user, change their access role, and click Save.
The user will have to log out and then log back in again for the new role to take effect.
Delete a user
To delete an existing user, click the Delete (red X) icon alongside the appropriate user. Although no new activity can be recorded against that user, their historic activity will still be shown in reports.