Within the Admin > Control Panel > Configuration you can make adjustments to how fees and rents are applied, and also add your VAT registration details.
Fee Detail - This allows you to specify how management fees on rent are generated in Origin.
- The Fee Types to select from our % of Rent Collected; % of Rent Due; Fee per Rental Period or Monthly Fee.
- Due Date is when the fee is to be applied
- Default Fee Value relates to suggested fee value when creating a new property instance
- Default Letting Fee - is the suggested letting / tenant find fee when creating a new tenancy instance
- Fee Terms - this is simply text that will appear on any VAT invoices generated from within Origin
Maintenance Details - This allows you to specify how fees in relation to maintenance will be applied
- Default Threshold - A suggested Maintenance Threshold value for a new landlord instance. The Maintenance Threshold is effectively a 'go ahead value', meaning that if the estimated cost of any single maintenance activity breaches this value then consent must be obtained from the landlord before work commences.
- Default Maintenance Commission - When creating a new landlord instance this is a percentage of the actual cost of every trouble ticket completed on properties owned by this landlord instance, that will be applied as an additional management fee.
- Default Maintenance Fee - When creating a new landlord instance this is a suggested flat / monetary fee that you will charge for every trouble ticket completed on properties owned by this landlord instance.
- Fee/Commission Due Date - this specifies when the charge will be applied, immediately when the work is completed or on the first or last calendar day of the month.
Tenancy Details - This allows you to specify the due date for each rental period.
Vat Details - If you are VAT registered specify your VAT registration number and the date on which you became registered here. Origin will then automatically apply VAT at the relevant rate to all fees for the registration date onwards.