If your letting agency is VAT registered, and your Origin account has been configured to reflect this, then you will have the ability to generate VAT invoices. A VAT invoice can be generated which will detail fees and the VAT element associated with all property instances for that individual landlord. Such a VAT invoice can be generated as follows:
- From the main menu select Reports> Landlord.
- Step 1 requires you to select a landlord record. This action can be completed in two ways:
- Select the landlord from the drop down list and click on the "Next >>" button.
- In the text box to the right of the drop down list start typing the landlord's name. When the landlord's name appears in the drop down list press the return key on your keyboard.
- Step 2 requires that a report type is selected. Check the radio button associated with the Generate VAT Invoice option.
- Step 3 requires you to specify a date range for the report, i.e. over what period you wish to view the management fees that have been applied to the landlord account for this property. Select one of the default values: 'Today', 'This month' or 'Last month', or select your own date range by using the 'Specify date range' option.
- Click on the "Next >>" button.
- The resulting screen will detail all fees applied over the report period, along with the associated VAT element. To generate the actual VAT Invoice click on the green "Printable Report" button. Alternatively you can click on the green "Email Report" button to send the invoice directly to the associated landlord instance.
Both the print and email options generate an invoice in PDF format; you will need to have Adobe Reader or similiar on your pc. A unqiue invoice number will be automatically assigned to the invoice. VAT Invoices can be re-created via the Reports -> VAT Invoice menu option.