Landlord payments are rent payments paid from your bank account to the landlord in settlement of all monies received from tenants. For each property associated with a landlord instance an account balance will be displayed. The option exists for the letting agency to settle in full for all property instances or to make partial payments for one or more property instances. This is carried out in the following way:
- From the main menu select Bank > Landlord Transactions.
- Select the Landlord that you wish to make the payment to. This can be done in two ways:
- Select the landlord from the drop down list.
- In the text box to the right of the drop down list start typing the name of the landlord. When the landlord's name appears in the drop down list press the return key on your keyboard.
A list of properties associated with that landlord will be displayed along with any outstanding balances.
Within the payment details pane you are required to enter:
- Bank Account - Select from the drop down box
- Medium - Select from the drop down box
- Date - This will automatically default for today's date and therefore must be changed if another date is applicable.
- Cheque Number and Description are optional free text fields.
There are two options available to you when making payments.
- If you wish to settle all outstanding balances in full click on the Pay in Full button
- If you wish to make a partial payment, enter the amounts against each individual property, click on Sum Values.
Select the Submit button to complete the transaction