Occasionally landlords may be recorded to make a payment to the letting agency, e.g. in order to fund works on properties s/he owns. The receipts of such funds can be recorded in the following way:
- From the main menu select Bank > Landlord Transactions.
- Select the Landlord that you wish to make the payment to. This can be done in two ways:
- Select the landlord from the drop down list.
- In the text box to the right of the drop down list start typing the landlord name. When the landlord's name appears in the drop down list press the return key on your keyboard.
A list of properties associated with that landlord will be displayed along with any outstanding balances.
- Identify the property for which the monies have been received and enter the payment as a negative value in the Value column.
- Click on the Sum Values button.
Within the payment details pane you are required to enter:
- Bank Account - Select from the drop down box
- Medium - Select from the drop down box
- Date - This will automatically default for today's date and therefore must be changed if another date is applicable.
- Cheque Number and Description are optional free text fields.
Select the Submit button to complete the transaction