To record the refund of a rent:
- From the main menu select Bank > Tenant Transactions
- Identify the Property and Tenant from the drop down lists
- Ensure that the Receipts tab is selected (this will be the default selection)
- In the RECEIPT TOTAL box enter the amount to be refunded as a NEGATIVE value
- Select a type of 'Tenant Payment' if the rent is to be refunded to the tenant, or a type of 'Benefit Payment' is the rent is to be refunded to a benefit agency
- Complete remaining transaction details and Submit.
Note that if your management fees are calculated as a percentage of rents collected, then processing a rent refund to a tenant will also result in a management fee refund to the associated landlord.